DIY liner replacement

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will be attempting to replace my liner and underlayment in my small garden pond with waterfall. Any recommendations on thickness of the liner and where to get the supplies. I will also need to replace my pump. Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
and HDRPE is a lighter weight, just as thick, less costly, harder to fold, harder to puncture, typically doesn't need an underlay alternative. Shame, CW; YOU should already KNOW this!!!! heh :cool:

I've had good luck with Danner as my pump manufacturer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
and HDRPE is a lighter weight, just as thick, less costly, harder to fold, harder to puncture, typically doesn't need an underlay alternative. Shame, CW; YOU should already KNOW this!!!! heh :cool:

I've had good luck with Danner as my pump manufacturer.

I figure for a smaller ponds—especially ones with curves and shelves—epdm would be a better fit as it will lay flatter more easily and won’t be too heavy. For a large feature, HDRPE for sure.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like the Laguna pumps for better power conservation. Pondmaster (Danner pumps) are also great and I have two of those now and one Laguna.

Ask a Question