DIY Rocks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone made their own rocks for your pond area? They are very pricy to purchase, and someone mentioned making them ourselves. I am in no way crafty, and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Check youtube - there was a guy who had a lot of videos on making rocks for ponds. I'll look too and see if I can find him again!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been watching videos all night. I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience doing it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh that was easy! Here he is:

I think he has a few videos on making different types.

I will say that while I think it's very clever, they definitely don't look like real rocks to me.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh that was easy! Here he is:

I think he has a few videos on making different types.

I will say that while I think it's very clever, they definitely don't look like real rocks to me.
This is a different guy that I saw. It was a pretty involved project, but they really looked good!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I have been experimenting with different shapes for different purposes. I made some crescent shaped concrete rocks to create shelves of gravel on the bottom, a big flat rock to make a cave, a rock with a big cave area under it, and several rocks to hide the liner. I am still experimenting with colors. Those that go in the pond soon get covered with algae so they can be plain gray. I can take some photos of the ones not in the pond as my pond water is still GREEN those in the water are hidden. If you are interested you can message me for more details.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been experimenting with different shapes for different purposes. I made some crescent shaped concrete rocks to create shelves of gravel on the bottom, a big flat rock to make a cave, a rock with a big cave area under it, and several rocks to hide the liner. I am still experimenting with colors. Those that go in the pond soon get covered with algae so they can be plain gray. I can take some photos of the ones not in the pond as my pond water is still GREEN those in the water are hidden. If you are interested you can message me for more details.
I would love to see some pics if you don’t mind posting.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Our own yard is nothing but rocks( you can’t dog a 2” hole without running into one. They’re perfect waterfall rocks though, so that’s something. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Some landscape wall blocks available at home improvement stores look realistic and don't cost much more than what you would pay for the concrete to make them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States

Attachments

• P1030719.jpg
    P1030719.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 146
  • P1030732.jpg
    P1030732.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 186