DIY small pond waterfall weir

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
In the process of removing the weir from the top of the rock formation- it was beautiful, but the hose is continially springing leaks and the previous owner did a pretty shabby job of it.

We were going to buy a weir and they were over a hundred bucks! :mad: So my husband who is quite crafty figured he would make one. Today I found a tool box we had bought at a garage sale for 5 bucks :lol: ! So he cleaned it out and fitted in the plumbing and cut the front to allow a spillway. Works like a dream! We had the fittings (found in the shed)- total cost= FIVE BUCKS!!! :( !!!

We are going to put scrubbies in and something to keep them from floating away. I will be planting reeds on the sides to camo the box.

Here are pictures of the rock formation after we removed the weir, the box and the pond. The flow will travel down a spillway into the main pond.

Attachments

• 5picturesforyou.zip
    223.3 KB · Views: 1,667

Ask a Question