Do I have Koi Fry or Goldfish Fry or neither?

What fry do I have?

• Koi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goldfish

• Neither

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hi this is my first year to attempt spawning and I currently have about 250 fry but am not sure what they are, I think they are goldfish fry but that is just a guess.

If anybody could help and tell me what they are I would really appreciate it thanks
20140619_095047.jpg

Reaction score
How cute!!!! I don't have experience with either fry, so I will leave to someone else. It almost looks like a tadpole with that tail and no side fins.

Hope you get what you are wishing for!

I'm dying for some fry too.

Reaction score
It might be a little too young yet to tell. Do they all look like this one?

Oh, and, WELCOME to the forum!!!!

Thanks :) I think they all look the same but they are very small maybe I should wait a little long and post some pictures in a couple of weeks

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Also, I assume that you have both koi and GF? Did you notice any evidence that either of these spawned recently?

Reaction score
Also, I assume that you have both koi and GF? Did you notice any evidence that either of these spawned recently?

There is koi, goldfish, carp and some other fish in the pond and yes there was evidence of spawning with both but a lot more with the goldfish

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I had a few fry last year -- turned out they were mostly Rosy Red minnows, but it took a while for me to figure out the differences.

This year I've had a bunch of GF fry -- and I can easily ID them as GF, but it does take a few weeks for them to look like anything other than baby somethings.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
sadly its a bit too early to tell it may be a goldfish or maybe a koi take another shot in a few weeks time then we should be able to tell but at the moment I think it looks like a tadpole so you cant tell .

Dave

Reaction score
sadly its a bit too early to tell it may be a goldfish or maybe a koi take another shot in a few weeks time then we should be able to tell but at the moment I think it looks like a tadpole so you cant tell .

Dave

Thanks for your reply, I will post some pics in a couple of weeks when they are bigger, hopefully they are koi.

Ask a Question