Rock

Tillandsia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Hi everyone,
There is a 100 Gals pond with 4Xkoi + 3Xgoldfishes,recently find out after installing new water lily pots to the pond and disappearing algae from water fishes have started to attack to Leaves and cut it to little pieces .
photo_2017-07-26_23-38-56.jpg

one month ago , before
photo_2017-07-26_23-39-05.jpg

its today picture after I removed all naked plants,
All Status are appreciable
Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i didnt see others complain but my lily was eaten by koi ,now im growing it in other pond , i will try again when they become large with strong stems leaves .
my lily was of this size too , but they grow stronger and larger which might be difficult for fishes to eat .

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I know some people have problems, but so far I have been lucky. My koi do not seem to bother my lilies. I don't know if the size of the koi makes a difference. My Koi are only 10" and 12".

2017-7-15 water lilies (2).JPG

Rock

Tillandsia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Thanks guys for all quick replies , I think maybe lack of food act like this , but they eat too much..in babies pond doesn't have problem..
photo_2017-07-27_04-12-41.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Some people have problems with koi and plants; others do not.

Not that you asked, but that many fish in 100 gallons is going to be a problem in short order - especially since you have 4 koi. Do you have plans for when they begin to grow?

Rock

Tillandsia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
thanks Lisak1 , I'm agree its too small for fishes hv to move some to another pond . gd advice.....

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
animated-welcome-image-0044.gif

I like your pond and the picture of your yard. The portulaca you planted is so colorful. What type of plant is that on the back wall with lavender flowers? (left side of pic)

Rock

Tillandsia
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
View attachment 102536

I like your pond and the picture of your yard. The portulaca you planted is so colorful. What type of plant is that on the back wall with lavender flowers? (left side of pic)
Dear MoonShadows , That's very kind of you , the plant is "Water Hyacinth" just re-grow after last winter's heavy snow...

DutchMuch

Lord Of The Aquascapes!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Stunning pond, this is something for people to look back on to get inspiration. Truly admiring.

Ask a Question