• No

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • No, but looking to install one

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Whats a garden pond?

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
:banana:Yes three one is 10 -7ft- 5ft depth 6-6ft - 4ft depth 6-6ft 3ft depth. all ponds have water falls one two and three are all linked Three pumps then the water can be pumped to the.top All this is going though five green to clean filters 24000 size with 25w uv lights.I have koi carp long fin butter fly and standard gold fish. All are different sizes they all seem to have there own characteristics and i have a smile at the Young butter fly
:

Reaction score
My husband and I built one last August and found that it is the only place we like to hang out. I got a hammock for Mothers Day and it is hung between the trees behind the top waterfall. The pond is ~ 1000 gallons and we bought a 20 x 15 liner and had to purchase more for the top waterfall and stream. It has water lilies, taro, hyacinth, pickerel rush, iris, hornwort, lotus will be coming soon. There are also three koi and 8 shubunkin goldfish. Here is the website. Roberts' Pond

Reaction score
I have ponds made of baby pools at the moment. They only have plants right now but when it is warmer there are guppies in their too.

Reaction score
Well I certainly have a Pond with a mini pond in the works as we speak..

I am still working on the water fall and stuff..Just waiting on the filture box and Pump to complete the whole project..
The big pond is 30 feet circonference. ten feet Deep.

The Mini pond is about ten feet away which is about 15 feet round and three feet deep, which is where the water fall will flwo down into the main Pond.
We just finish putting up the Victorian House which is where we will be holding the Filture Box, uv lite and other Pond equipment..

Onces I get all the Hoses and Pipes Laid out then i will be bringing in some more rocks, to cover lines and finish off the Pond..

Right now we have about 15 Koi in the Main Pond.. I did add about 40 in Late Spring But they seems to either be hiding or the Cat is feasting on them..

I will be looking into building a Solar Panel in the future as well but not just right Now..
I also added the Superior Wind Mill which is use to Aireate the water..So far it seems to be working quite well..
I will try and add a couple pictures of what has been done so far..

HAppy Water Gardening..:bowdown:

Attachments

• NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 001.jpg
    NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 001.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 404
  • NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 003.jpg
    NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 003.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 403
  • NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 004.jpg
    NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 004.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 406
  • NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 006.jpg
    NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 006.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 384
  • NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 014.jpg
    NEW HOLDEN PICTURES 014.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 380
Reaction score
Good Day Dr. Dave,

Here is the Link for Superior Windmills.

Aeriating the Pond helps keep the water more clear and rid of Gas that sits in the bottom of the pond..

It also keeps your pond from freezing in the winter time..

The windmills come in difference Heights as well..
Being I am in a low Valley Acerages I wanted to make sure I got plenty of wind when needed so I ordered the 20 foot Tower.

So far I am pretty happy with it. Onces I get the Filture box and Pumps all hooks up then I will have a Pretty nice Pond...
I will follow up with some more Pictures onces it is all complete...

Thanks Lyle..

Reaction score
I have an 18oo gallon pond that my wife and I created. Waterfall and small stream for the relaxing sound of water movement. Stocked with Calico Oranda, Black Moor, Ryunkin goldfish and one silver and wkiet butterfly koi. Lots of tropical and hardy lillies day and night bloomers.

Reaction score
Yes. App. 3000 gallon goldfish, lillies, arrowhead and other plants. 17 ft. X 7.5 ft. X 3.5 ft. First winter.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
I currently have a 500gallon pond in the basement. I had a 500gallon backyard pond which is now in the process of being upgraded to alittle over 1000 gals,with a more natural rock and boulder border instead of the wall block that surrounded it previously. which i moved around the burm towards the back of yard. i have around 35 fish including koi, goldies, shumbunkins,fathead minnows,and picosymus'(did i spell that right?)

Reaction score
Yes

we have an old neglected pond that we wish to revamp. No fish at present but will add them once the frogspawn has gone and we have made our changes.

We would like to build a natural looking waterfull/rhyl that leads from the other side of the garden into the pond.

It is great to see the photos posted and just how good your ponds look altough I think in the US you tend to have larger gardens than us in the UK so we may be more limited :)

Ask a Question