Do you name your fish?

Reaction score
Is it strange that I plan to?

I know they won't answer to it, but I name just about every animal I come in contact with. The wild rabbits that feast on my herbs at night all have names. I chase them away, but I yell their names as I do it.

Reaction score
naming my koi arent that hard...seeing as they are all diffrent colors and patterns...i think im going to buy one pattern and same sized koi to confuse her alittle...lol...

my dogs names are
jag...some sort of dog...maybe a little pitbulll...we got her from an adoption at petco for Katrina dogs
happy...we found her on the street...she looks like a cockapoo
minnie...we got her from a breeder...shes a maltipoo

Reaction score
These two are Sunset and sunrise. My big girls at 27 and 29 inches. There is an orange blossom, Sky, snowball, Shasta, Jag, Scar and Elvis. That is one pond.

Attachments

• 100_1049.jpg
    100_1049.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 347
Reaction score
pondlady said:
These two are Sunset and sunrise. My big girls at 27 and 29 inches. There is an orange blossom, Sky, snowball, Shasta, Jag, Scar and Elvis. That is one pond.

thats so wierd i had a dog named shasta too

Reaction score
Hello MamaGreenThumb,

Welcome to the forum! Yes I name my fish. So far I have Rocky, Fancy, Chester, Piggy, Casper, Scaredy Spice and The Twins. I think that's all of them. They usually get their names to match their personalities. Rocky was just a plain orange goldfish til she got all banged up. Now she's scarred and looks like she took a beating. Scaredy Spice because she's really timid and has speckles all over her like she's been peppered. Piggy is self explanatory. That fish can inhale food like there's no tomorrow! Then I have:

Meeka - a shephard X chow
Piper - We think she's a doberman X border collie
Boogity Boo - siamese cat
Simon - Siamese
Elsie a.k.a The Closet Cat - siamese
Stroganoff - siamese (recently deceased)
Sammy - hooded rat
Missy - dumbo rat
Dazilee - dumbo rat
Muffy - dumbo rat
Baby - hooded rat

Reaction score
I have 14 fish and 11 of them have names based on their personality or looks. The only reason the 3 comets don't have real names is that I can no longer tell them apart, so they are just comet 1, 2 and 3.

Reaction score
We have Columbus, Lips, Sushi, Sunkist, Sticks, Finnigan, and Filet.
Columbus was the first one we named cause when we put them in the pond for the first time all of the rest disappeared into the depths except Columbus, he traveled all around the pond and explored every nook and cranny before any of the others even showed

Reaction score
I too name my koi, my favourite name being pucker :) Its almost become a tradition to name any new koi in my household now.

Ask a Question