Do your colors in your uploads fade?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't know why but on this site the colors really do not load when adding a post the colors are horrible compared to the actual photo I try to add. This happen to anyone else I Know it's not a calibration thing as my other photo site does not have this issue

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
It sounds like you might be shooting in Adobe RGB, if posted in that color space, many browsers will yield dull images. If this is what's happening, convert the images you post to sRGB color space.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It sounds like you might be shooting in Adobe RGB, if posted in that color space, many browsers will yield dull images. If this is what's happening, convert the images you post to sRGB color space.

Hope this helps.

I do thanks can light room convert that though or is that a photo shop toy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I do thanks can light room convert that though or is that a photo shop toy.
Change that I am converting to srgb out of light room , and I loose all the color.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Lightroom and Photoshop both have sRGB. I have no issue with color on this forum. Lightroom it is under preferences and then change the colorspace.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I don't know why but on this site the colors really do not load when adding a post the colors are horrible compared to the actual photo I try to add. This happen to anyone else I Know it's not a calibration thing as my other photo site does not have this issue

Yes, that's always happened with mine on this forum, too. Same with the gardening forums. Everywhere else I've posted has been fine. It's not really a big deal to me, but I have been curious about it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lightroom and Photoshop both have sRGB. I have no issue with color on this forum. Lightroom it is under preferences and then change the colorspace.
Which format do you export the photos as out of lightroom and or photoshop. seems I am exporting as srgb and I have the colors dropping on this site only. The current autumn shot is so flat even if I tweeked and boosted the colors it's way off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
That's just strange. I'm converting from Adobe RGB to sRGB and saving to jpg format, which is what I upload, and they seem to look just fine. I'm using a calibrated monitor. Your shots do look rather dead, low contrast and saturation and I did wonder. They would have a lot more votes if they looked right!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The reverse seems to have been the issue here. I was converting to srgb which is the first photo below. The colors just come out flat. But you got me experimenting with the formats and it seems that here the Adobe 1998 is what kept it colors coming onto the site which is the second photo below.
Thanks for the help . I would be willing to put money it's the cable company and how they have their formats set up
Naugatuck State Forest-1-14.JPG
SAJ_4113.jpg

Ask a Question