Does anybody else have this issue?

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
well i guess i cant say that that is the problem area, she found him under a rock over on the other side of the pond, just standing on the dock and looked down and saw a little yellow in between the rocks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So glad you found your fish!
If you have big spaces where they can get in I would take some smaller rocks and stuff them in the spaces and try to stop them from being able to get in there. Just cram them in there when you have the time so that it's not easy for them to pull the rocks out. You don't have to do it all in one day. I think now in my area around the edge only my very small fry can get into the spaces now. I have shoved smaller rocks in there to keep the bigger fish out. I think it's working. They can only get their noses in now and not half or all of their bodies.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
99 my entire pond has rocks in it on the ledge all the way around and I have never had this problem happen that I know of. My rocks are pretty tight next to one another so there aren't many places I could see they would get stuck. I would try what JW suggest and place smaller rock into those crevices. You could even get some of the bagged river rock from HD to fill them in some.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had that happen but they got stuck behind plant pots and netting I won't use anymore ,I only use window screening with uv protector in it and sew it with thin fishing line and put that over my pond .Frogs and birds would get caught in the netting .

Ask a Question