Dog jumped into pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Just now a street dog trespassed our house and blindly(dark of night) jumped into the pond. He might have thought lilypads are land.
He fell in came out to right side damaging lily pads.
Thanks god he fell only where I had put some 7-8 river stones to support plants. Otherwise it could be bad for liner.
But not sure about the other side, will check in the morning.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear had that happen to me a couple of years ago and dogs toenails slit the liner when he was trying to get out .Had to replace the liner .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
oh dear had that happen to me a couple of years ago and dogs toenails slit the liner when he was trying to get out .Had to replace the liner .

That would have been such a heartbreak. Sorry you had to go through that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
A couple of our senior dogs, nearly fell in the pond last summer and neither know how to swim. This Spring we put up some fencing, that connects together, from Lowes. Good peace of mind, and I've trained vines to grow along the fence :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
and then 2 years ago moles chewed my liner .It happens but hoping it does not happen to me again .I am getting to old to keep doing this ;)first time was one of the guys helping to build the front porch dropped a board right into the pond and put a big hole in the bottom of it .They say 3 is a charm right ,well we will see .I think there is a pond curse on me .:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
and then 2 years ago moles chewed my liner .It happens but hoping it does not happen to me again .I am getting to old to keep doing this ;)first time was one of the guys helping to build the front porch dropped a board right into the pond and put a big hole in the bottom of it .They say 3 is a charm right ,well we will see .I think there is a pond curse on me .:)
Sissy, No more pond problems for you !!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just now a street dog trespassed our house and blindly(dark of night) jumped into the pond. He might have thought lilypads are land.
He fell in came out to right side damaging lily pads.
Thanks god he fell only where I had put some 7-8 river stones to support plants. Otherwise it could be bad for liner.
But not sure about the other side, will check in the morning.

My daughter's dog likes to jump in mine. We have rocks on the bottom, so far he has not damaged the liner. Fortunately, he doesn't live here just comes to visit.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I lucked out the deer that fell, jumped into my pond and struggled to get out did not harm the liner. It could have been a disaster. My bog and pond liner are all one piece. I don't even want to think about it.

Hope yours is fine!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I lucked out the deer that fell, jumped into my pond and struggled to get out did not harm the liner. It could have been a disaster. My bog and pond liner are all one piece. I don't even want to think about it.

Hope yours is fine!
Mine is also in one piece only, but now I want my bog a little bigger.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That is too much torture for a pond owner I think. Here we have termite problem, and they don't touch plastic material if I'm not wrong. But if they found any wood touching the ground they won't be able to keep themselves from start eating it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used a liner, ppl 36 from bend tarp and liner in oregon, it is a very tough liner, harder to cut with sharp rocks, deer hooves than epdm.

I like the fact it does not get slick like epdm, easy to walk in.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well Im glad the dog didn't drown nor was your pond damaged.

I had one of my older dogs fall in the pond once. I happened to be outside when she fell in. Scared both of us to death. We have a short fence around the pond area now so it doesn't happen again.

Ask a Question