Don't call, email, or mail me

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So I'm taking a communication class and one of the chapters is about advertising. It has a few tricks to get off telemarketers and junk mail hit lists. I knew about the FCC's Do not call list but I did not know that you can opt out of junk mail and you can opt out permanently from credit companies selling your info to insurance and pre screened credit cards.
I did the permanent opt out prescreen and will do the DMAchoice.org tomorrow. I hate getting junk mail.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0262-stopping-unsolicited-mail-phone-calls-and-email

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Same here, thanks I just did the permanent and doing the dmachoice next

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for that bit of info there T. I just emailed myself that link so I can do it later. Hope I'm not on the do not email list tho or I won't get it :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK we can block tele sales calls to both landline and mobile phones, but we can't opt out of junk mail. The argument they use is that it's the biggest revenue stream for the mail companies, so the junk mail subsidises the normal service.

It all goes into the re-cycling bin, only to be recycled into more junk mail to come back again.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We recycle tons of stuff, all of the junk hits the recycle as I walk into the house. All of our bills are e-bills, paperless etc. We get very few things in the mail we are concerned with.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I had taken the time in Hawaii to send a letter to all junk mail as it came in to not send me stuff. It took about a year but finally weeded it all out. I just didn't have the energy to do it all again when we moved so I am so tickled to have found this. I hate getting all that crap mail.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK we can block tele sales calls to both landline and mobile phones, but we can't opt out of junk mail. The argument they use is that it's the biggest revenue stream for the mail companies, so the junk mail subsidises the normal service.

It all goes into the re-cycling bin, only to be recycled into more junk mail to come back again.
Well said Ceelay that is true however international call centres are exempt from the opt out sceme which we are signed up to never rude just putting the phone down on them I just repeat hello four or five times mumble the lines at fault again and put the phone down, being disabled it hurts to keep getting up and answering the phone every time it rings .
They soon get the message but there really has to be an international body set up to stop this .
I do however take humberance to the NIA collating all our data :eek:, there was a report on the BBC news only a few days ago of a supercomuter that knows everything ever emailed faxed phoned fb'd twittered etc etc " so you have to ask them come on guy's we are on the same side"are we not here ? :(
There are key words that if mentioned by anyone anywhere that will warrent their instant attention on us "Frightening really ".:cry:

Dave

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
image.jpg

Reaction score
My boys love to prank answer the phone!!!! I feel bad when it's the March of Dimes and my boys talking in Pig Latin to them.

Ask a Question