draining the pond

Reaction score
i was doing some work today on the waterfall side of the pond and knocked a pile of soil and a couple of rocks into the water ! nightmare ! so thaught ok i will have to get it all back out, so decided to drain the pond by syphoning it out with a hose pipe ! 3 hours later and so far only 1/3 of the wateris out ! think i may have to leave it draining all night.
atleast when i fill it back up tomorow i will be able to get a more accurate measure of how many litres is in there !

Reaction score
i thaught about that but the garden hose doesnt fit into the pump, and the hose that connects the pump to the filter doesnt reach to the land drain,

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
oh well, if you aren't in any hurry it will drain eventually...........

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
mogsie said:
i thaught about that but the garden hose doesnt fit into the pump, and the hose that connects the pump to the filter doesnt reach to the land drain,

Mogsie, try some multi-adapters which may connect the hose into the pump. I did drain my pond and did share these photos last Spring:

DSC00804.jpg

Thanks goodness for the multi-adaptors that fit the Savio pump and a garden hose.

DSC00805.jpg

The 100-foot-garden-hose came in handy. It carried the water from the pond way out to a storm drain.

Fishies do love their spotless home B)!
DSC00820.jpg

DSC00819.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

Ask a Question