Dried mealworms

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Found these prepared mealworms at Lowe’s in the bird seed section. Are these OK to feed larger goldfish or sent through a blender for small guys?

Attachments

• B14BE82A-1A2A-4114-9E43-F9FAB1A65739.jpeg
    B14BE82A-1A2A-4114-9E43-F9FAB1A65739.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 312

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Not sure, but have turtle food with dried mealworms in it, so the fish and terrapins in the pond have been eating those with out issue.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
That's a great supplemental food choice.
Keep in mind that fish don't really have stomachs, they have a very basic digestive tract that is designed for eating small amounts of food at a time over 24 hours. (in other words, constant nibbling)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Better ask the wife if she wants you grinding up worms in the blender!!!:ROFLMAO:

I've seen this product at TSC, and thought they were kinda expensive, so I leave our bluebirds to find their own. I don't know what it costs at Lowes, but, there may be supplements already available in the pet marketplace that may be "cheeper" :pigeon: that you wouldn't have to process yourself, and are already formulated to not "fowl":chicken: your pond water. (Sorry, just couldn't resist the puns!)

Ask a Question