Dual discharge pump?

Reaction score
So deciding between Y connecter or a dual discharge pond pump to service my pond and 2 small waterfalls (approx 1-2ft high max) in a 200 gallon pond. In general, rather small pond.

I have been told that I probably need something with 750-1200gph due to the waterfalls. I have also heard that people have had issues with using a Y connector to split the hose to each waterfall.

So found the Little Giant dual discharge pump (WGP-65) that says it has a 1900gph, but the flow is cut in half with the use of the 2nd discharge port. So assuming that means it goes down to about 950gph.

So my question is if this is the route I should go and/or if anyone has any comments about this pump. I am guessing I would like to attach a filter to it as well, possible?

Also, am I looking at a crazy electric bill for this?
http://garden-pond-filters.com/littlegiantwaterfallpumpWGP-65.htm

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I dont know what i did but look at pump power cost .

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you Y the output and they go to different levels or other forces of resistance, the output on one side will be severly reduced. Better to have 2 pumps and not worry about losing a pump and all your fish.

Ask a Question