Dual outlet fitting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are you wanting to send water to two places from one pump? What kind of plumbing do you have attached to your pump? A tee or wye fitting would do the trick.

JRS

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
You might consider some type of diverter valve. If your two runs are of different lengths or height, the valve lets you adjust flow accordingly. Once you get the right size, you may have to get appropriate fittings to match your pump output. Sometimes a selection is included with the valve.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@Parrot lady: I’m not too familiar with pond hoses and fittings, though I think they’re similar to sump hoses? I know PVC really well, and those are the names of the fittings I would look for in PVC. I imagine the same or similar names would be used in all different types of plumbing. Think you would use hose clamps to make the attachments.

And @JRS’s advice is good. Even if the lengths and head heights of your two hoses are similar, it’s likely that water will favor going one direction. I think you should be able to get a couple of cheap ball valves that you would install after the split in each side. That way you can make fine adjustments to where the water goes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you!! I'm using the regular black pond hose.

This sort of thing? Theres an item made by Superfish I've just ordered, I'm sure its not unique..

• 2 Way Water Distributor
  • 1 Inlet and 2 outlets. Each outlet has a controllable dial
  • Contains multi step adaptors for connecting hoses with a diameter of 25, 32 and 40mm
61x-3u--YKL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ask a Question