Duck pond

Reaction score
Country
United States
Best size pipe for duck pond? I used 2 in pvc with pre filter. But it still clogged after a month with saw cuts every 4 inches. I'm thinking of using 4' perforated this time? Any advice would be appreciated.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1635614248555.gif
@New pond
Can't help ya w/the pipe but some here have duck ponds so hope they can help ya :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Best size pipe for duck pond? I used 2 in pvc with pre filter. But it still clogged after a month with saw cuts every 4 inches. I'm thinking of using 4' perforated this time? Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm assuming this is for a bog filter manifold? I used corrugatted 4" NON perforated pipe, the type you get at big box stores in 25' rolls, and cut slits 1/3 the way through with a chain saw every 6" or so. You shouldn't ever clog again.

Too, do NOT pump the pond water from the bottom; raise your pump up 12" and it will make a big difference.

Reaction score
Country
United States
following.....
we built our bog last spring but by late fall it was clogged. didnt have a chance to fully break it down for maintenance before winter but will do so shortly. i suspect our issue is pipe size plus lack of settling space, so our plan is to increase pipe size and raise the pipes up a bit on some larger cobbles, and also perhaps add a prefilter somehow somewhere in the line.

Ask a Question