Duclair Ducks?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
A couple of ducks have visited the pond this year that dont appear to be the normal Mallards I get every year. I am guessing its the same couple coming back daily since they are a little different looking and I have never seen this type of duck around here. I did some googling and they appear to be a French Domestic Duclair Duck used for a superb duck roast. They are larger than the mallards we get. Anyway they are cute, I like them. They are much less scared of us or the dogs (who scream and yell at them) than the normal mallards we get. Here they are, I named them Francois and Patrice.

DSCN9953.JPG
DSCN9958.JPG
DSCN9959.JPG
DSCN9960.JPG
DSCN9962.JPG
DSCN9966.JPG
DSCN9973.JPG
DSCN9976.JPG

Reaction score
A couple of ducks have visited the pond this year that dont appear to be the normal Mallards I get every year. I am guessing its the same couple coming back daily since they are a little different looking and I have never seen this type of duck around here. I did some googling and they appear to be a French Domestic Duclair Duck used for a superb duck roast. They are larger than the mallards we get. Anyway they are cute, I like them. They are much less scared of us or the dogs (who scream and yell at them) than the normal mallards we get. Here they are, I named them Francois and Patrice.

View attachment 100418 View attachment 100419 View attachment 100420 View attachment 100421 View attachment 100422 View attachment 100423 View attachment 100424 View attachment 100425
They are so cute and beautiful!

Ask a Question