Duct Tape Question

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Would it hurt to cover the angle with duct tape? This will be under the underlayment and liner.

angle.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It will come off. There is a waterproof product we use but I’ll have to look it up. Great for patching epdm liners. Never comes off. Not good to seal a pressurized line, but great in a wet environment.

Just a thought on underpayment. Don’t use wall to wall carpeting. The firestone Fiberglas stuff is best.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There's a product you an get from any roofing supply company it's a 1/8" fiberglass matting with an asphalt base coating on it it's tough as nails and only $10.00 a 4' x 8' sheet. And I wouldn't be too concerned about duct tape coming off if it is stuck to the joist hanger before you put on the underlayment and the liner the pressure from the water will push against the tape and if it looses it grip it can't go any where it will be sandwiched. if you plan on draining the pond often it may become an issue.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Is the duct tape because you think the Tico hangers will cut the underlay and liner?

Personally, wouldn’t worry about it unless you bent one of the edges out .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Is the duct tape because you think the Tico hangers will cut the underlay and liner?

Personally, wouldn’t worry about it unless you bent one of the edges out .
Yes, that is my reasoning.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Yes, that is my reasoning.

Shouldn’t be a problem especially if you lay the liner and under lay in loose and fill with water. Then fasten the liner/underlay down with a cap of some type after working the folds out.

Ask a Question