dump valve question

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i open mine and let the pump run for 5 seconds or so just to help things stay lightly suspended. i do it every 7-10 days replace the water and thats my water change.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
During the warm months, I open mine for 45 seconds once a week and allow all the gunk it has collected to completly flush out. I never turn off my pump.

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
i open mine and let the pump run for 5 seconds or so just to help things stay lightly suspended. i do it every 7-10 days replace the water and thats my water change.

This may sound like a stupid question but how do you add the water.I would think if you added it by hose then the chlorine would kill the bacteria in the filter.Do you turn off the pump then turn on the hose?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you add to the pond not the filter..flush the filter close the valve. put your hose in the pond and turn it on til the filters flowing and your ponds water level is back... i run the hose in my pond every day for about 5 minutes or so instead of doing big water changes.

Ask a Question