Dwarf Part Shade Water Lilies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
I currently have a Helvola and Hermine water lily and they are both doing much better then expected especially since I don't think they get a ton of sun. They are doing so well I'm looking to get a 3rd color and hoping for recommendations. My criteria is:

1) My pond only gets morning to noon sun so will have to okay with partial shade
2) Will be kept at a depth of 18" and I would like the spread to stay under 3'
3) I would like something other than Yellow or White flowers as I already have those colors
4) I'm in zone 7 and would prefer a hardy water lily

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
What state? I have a variety of lilies but do not ship.

I'm in NC and looks like your in MD. Do you have any any recommendations that would fit the above criteria and that I might be able to find from another source?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Colorado is great as it will tolerate shade, vanvisa as well. Look for lilies that have the dappled leaves, they do good with little sun.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
Thank you for all the replies so far!

I love Colorado, but it's way too big for my pond :(

My current front runners are Chrysantha, Laydekeri Lilacea, OR Graziella. Does anyone have experience with any of these varieties or can recommend/rank which ones will do best with 10AM-2PM sun? Thank you!

Ask a Question