Earthquakes, again.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Yea, just as I was drifting off to sleep last night we had a 'swarm' of quakes, really only felt and heard the big one (4.4) but it's hard to just let yourself fall asleep after such an event. Every time a car would come by I thought 'here it comes'!

RENO, NV - Northern Nevada was hit with several small earthquakes Tuesday night.

The activity started December 22, 2015 at 10:18PM with a 1.3 magnitude quake north of Galena High School, south of Reno-Tahoe International Airport and southeast of downtown Reno. That was followed by magnitude 1.9, 3.2, 3.0, 4.4, 3.4 and 2.4 quakes all in the same area within about 45 minutes.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I saw that on the news this morning, I hope it's over

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, that must be scary. I live in such a benign part of the world (no earthquakes, no volcanoes etc), I can't imagine what it must be like to have the risk of such big natural disasters on your mind.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Our daughter and family lived in NZ for 10 years. Son-in-law was a fireman; he volunteered for the clean-up after the series of strong quakes that leveled CHCH. The loss of property (and lives) was horrendous! They moved back here three years ago, they had had enough.
John

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
They can be horrible disasters, I hope ours stay on the low side of 4. It's the rumbling sound that scares me now, the bed bucking is kinda fun!

Ask a Question