Earthquakes and ponds...

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Several years ago we had 4.8 centered about 10 miles from my house. The house received little damage, but the pond wall came crumbling down. I decided to rebuild it using a mortar this time. After I finished the rebuild my neighbor stopped by and I showed him what I'd done, he didn't say but I could tell by the look on his face that it was all wrong, just didn't look half as natural as it did before. Without hesitation I tore it down and spent as long as it would take to get the wall just how I wanted it (without mortar) So glad I didn't settle for what it was, so glad I got 'second opinion'.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We had one here 4 years ago but it was over an hour away but we felt the shaking and then had the after shocks for a couple of days but barely felt them .At least we had no damage .I did have to rebuild some of the retaining wall around the backside of the pond that became unlevel .The worst we ever had was the Edison gas line explosion .Blew out a lot of windows in my house and lit up the sky for miles and all because of human error .Thing was they were anderson windows and even though they were put in 10 years before by the builder anderson covered most of the expense and then my home owners insurance covered the rest

Ask a Question