Easy Peasy Pond Deck If Anyone is Interested

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I had to pull our deck up so I could raise the liner edge under it today. I decided to raise the edge all the way around the pond so I could add a couple more inches of water. Anyway I figured, while I had it up I should take a couple pictures showing how it is built.

This is an easy decking solution that could work around just about any pond.

First I'll note this is my second deck. The first deck I used the cheapest wood I could buy and it did not last.

This deck is made of pressure treated 2" x 4"'s for the frame and 2" x 6" redwood for the top.

I stained every side of every board prior to putting it together since it will be near the water and needed protection.

It is light enough one person could move it if they were determined enough but two people can move it with ease.

I like it because it is movable for staining or maintenance of the liner under neath.

I used bricks under the liner to raise the liner under the deck to the height I wanted. Then bricks along the back edge so it would lay level. Because of the lip in the liner no dirt can back flush into the pond. I have the same lip all the way around the pond but it is covered with rocks.

Note, I cut the angled corners after I screwed it together so I would have a perfectly straight line.

Anyway here are some pictures.

Deck, What under the deck looks like and what it looks liked last summer when everything was pretty :)

DSCN4875.JPG
DSCN4874.JPG

DSCN3958_zpsdaec00da.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is a really neat deck! Thanks for sharing how you did it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nice that it is easy to move to work on the pond and have to say the shape is what really appealed to me

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Pecan We may just borrow your idea for any decking we may add around the pond after we strt the cosmetic side of things in late spring thats if you dont mind of course ? (y)

Dave:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Very nice Pecan.
Do you ever have any issues with frost heaving and having to relay the foundation bricks?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Very nice Pecan.
Do you ever have any issues with frost heaving and having to relay the foundation bricks?

Heee heee, no :) We are in the high desert. It can get cold (0 at the coldest) but we have so little moisture, the ground (mostly straight sand) doesn't freeze much and for long. Looking at your temps in your signature though it would probably be an issue where you live. I don't know how you northerners do it. Must be some hardy built people ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's what I was thinking, you probably don't have a lot of moisture so that wouldn't be an issue. :)

We get 10" of precipitation a year on average. We are the second driest state in the United States next to Nevada holding the number 1 spot. We get snow but most of the time our snow is so dry you can't even make a snow ball out of it. We also have more sunny days than most of the country. On average we have over 230 sunny days per year!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We get 10" a year on average. We are the second driest state in the United States next to Nevada holding the number 1 spot. We get snow but most of hte time our snow is so dry you can't even make a snow ball out of it.

When you say that, my first thought is " well, that's easy to plow or that the snowblower won't get clogged up" :)

Ask a Question