Easy Pond Vac a myth?

Reaction score
I've seen the youtube video for the Easy Pond Vac and their web site with no contact info, just pay us and we will send you something. Oh but make sure we have your complete address, email, and phone number????

I would love to try this product as the price is good, video looks good, and I love DIY. Anyone know about them, how to contact, I can never find their email address that they keep referring to.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
From watching the video, it looks like it uses water pressure from your hose to act as the vacuum. It would be something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Aquarium-Water-Changer-Feet/dp/B000YAJKL6
Only bigger and using PVC pipes and hoses. I bet you that you can make the same thing with PVC pipes from Home Depot. I have a tank water changer. I think I'll give that a try the next time I do a water change.

Reaction score
From watching the video, it looks like it uses water pressure from your hose to act as the vacuum. It would be something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Aquarium-Water-Changer-Feet/dp/B000YAJKL6
Only bigger and using PVC pipes and hoses. I bet you that you can make the same thing with PVC pipes from Home Depot. I have a tank water changer. I think I'll give that a try the next time I do a water change.
That is the same one I use for my indoor tanks as well. In fact I just cleaned the substrate in my community tank tonight with it. That would be interesting to try on the pond shelves. I will have to make a way for the water to drain away from the house spicket.
I wondered how people made their own but I will find out. Thanks good timing

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
That is the same one I use for my indoor tanks as well. In fact I just cleaned the substrate in my community tank tonight with it. That would be interesting to try on the pond shelves. I will have to make a way for the water to drain away from the house spicket.
I wondered how people made their own but I will find out. Thanks good timing
That reminds me, I did try it with the pond, but with gravity only and that wasn't enough pressure and the hose wasn't wide enough. I'll definitely try this with water pressure now and if it works, I bet it'll be easy enough to rig up with PVC piping.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Our water pressure from our well is not strong enough for one of those.

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Videos are a terrible medium to explain how something works. Can someone explain it to me? Give me a tl:dr here?

Reaction score
Videos are a terrible medium to explain how something works. Can someone explain it to me? Give me a tl:dr here?
That reminds me, I did try it with the pond, but with gravity only and that wasn't enough pressure and the hose wasn't wide enough. I'll definitely try this with water pressure now and if it works, I bet it'll be easy enough to rig up with PVC piping.
Yeah, I was wondering about the outdoor spicket being to low for the syphon to work.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
I had tried when I had my little preformed pond to make a vac using water pressure but with the water pressure off the well it didn't work. It did give me something to putz around with though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've seen the youtube video for the Easy Pond Vac and their web site with no contact info, just pay us and we will send you something. Oh but make sure we have your complete address, email, and phone number????

I would love to try this product as the price is good, video looks good, and I love DIY. Anyone know about them, how to contact, I can never find their email address that they keep referring to.

I'm new to this forum. In browsing the forum I saw the posts about Easy Pond Vac as a myth or a rip off. I've had the Easy Pond Vac for 3 years. It works great. I have been able to have a clean clear pond for 2 years. The folks that see this product are great. I have asked them questions numerous times and they have always been helpful. If you follow their instructions it will work correctly. I like mine. I have no association with the folks that sell this product other than just making a purchase and asking questions.

Ask a Question