Easyclear 6000 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone I'm new on here.

I'm wondering if anybody has had problems with the quartz sleeve cracking on these all in one pumps when fitting a new uv bulb?

I've already had one of these pumps fail due to water ingress caused by a cracked sleeve and now I have the same problem with the second one.

When carefully refitting the sleeve after fitting a new bulb I heard a cracking noise as I turned it into position and although there was no visible crack, when I removed it to check I found a small crack in the glass within the plastic boss where it fits to the pump.

I ordered a genuine replacement sleeve and the same thing has happened again, I'm not rough with it and can't understand why this is happening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry cant help you there apart from get someone in to look at this all in one pump for you to tell you if this pump is at fault, have you contacted the manufacturers help line aout the problem ?

Dave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry cant help you there apart from get someone in to look at this all in one pump for you to tell you if this pump is at fault, have you contacted the manufacturers help line aout the problem ?

Dave

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply, I have emailed Hozelock but they just said post the quartz sleeve recorded delivery for them to consider it for warranty but I don't think it's worth the effort because I think I can guess the outcome.

I think the problem may be distortion of the pump body where the sleeve boss turns into it but I'm not sure.

I'm just wondering if this is a common problem.
Paul.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
How old is this filter Paul if its still under warrenty send it back , I did that with an ehiem Pofessionl III 2080 it was found they had missed a design flaw where a part that took three hoses wouldnt release for cleaning from the filter head .
Pretty damn sharply they soon replaced it , simplyy because they have a good name and didnt want to adnit to it .
Dave

Ask a Question