Eating some new spring growth

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The woodchuck eating some new growth. Eating the fairy rose bush. Fun to watch in the yard, it goes gets a drink in the stream, eats some pond plants and such. Really likes the obedient plants, not sure if they will still bloom, just a little pruning. Seems to be the favorite. Tough to get pictures of, if it sees me move it runs away.

Posing for the camera by A & R Photography, on Flickr

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
cute pic but they can be destructive and after they have babies and there home is there they can be a big problem .I had them at my house in NJ and almost broke me leg a couple of times in all the holes .My son got live traps and we relocated a lot of them .Even got the ride on mower messed up by the holes .200 dollars to fix it .They even damaged roots to the mulberry trees and thought i was going to loose one of them .They dug holes all around them and chewed the roots.tree guy gave me a choice mulberries or ground hogs .I chose trees so son and I took them to a new home out of the suburbs to the forest

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sissy, your post reminded me of an old neighbor who blamed his ride-on mower for the woodchuck head he found in his yard. Not funny, I know. But there it is...

Ask a Question