EBOLA... BE AWARE!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Not many folk survive elbola with an almost 100% kill rate sadly the world due to airlines has shrunk and it is now very easy to spread , all it takes is an infected person to board a flight and within six hours they are anywhere in the world .
Depending on howadvanced it was during the flight makes everyone potential carriers of this dread virus OMG
Strangly it ws first reported like HIV aids as coming out of the jungle into towns after a highway was put through the area HIV Aids is on a slow burn throughout the world ,but if ths hit a major city the results would be horrendous , thankfully though through Quarentine elbol does burn itself out
Dave

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, I was worried a little, especially since I got really sick with flu since getting back from Calgary. Thankfully I am feeling a little better today. I am so paranoid about Ebola that I keep my distance from the foreigners that shop at the store, the ones that look like they are "just off the boat"! I am not racist or anything, but scared that they will bring it here like in Italy, where a reported four dozen immigrants that snuck into that country and reportedly have infected 400 hundred people there... Maybe now is not a good time to allow lots of foreigners into the country. Also not a good time to travel either to certain areas of the world.

It bothers me that we have a man in Saskatoon with some awful hemorrhagic fever, and I can't find out any new info on this man, like they are trying to hush things up and not scare us.

Then the WHO is no longer releasing the number of Ebola cases as they do not want people to panic, of course that makes me just more nervous...

Reaction score
Yes, I was worried a little, especially since I got really sick with flu since getting back from Calgary. Thankfully I am feeling a little better today. I am so paranoid about Ebola that I keep my distance from the foreigners that shop at the store, the ones that look like they are "just off the boat"! I am not racist or anything, but scared that they will bring it here like in Italy, where a reported four dozen immigrants that snuck into that country and reportedly have infected 400 hundred people there... Maybe now is not a good time to allow lots of foreigners into the country. Also not a good time to travel either to certain areas of the world.

It bothers me that we have a man in Saskatoon with some awful hemorrhagic fever, and I can't find out any new info on this man, like they are trying to hush things up and not scare us.

Then the WHO is no longer releasing the number of Ebola cases as they do not want people to panic, of course that makes me just more nervous...

I just wish that airlines would stop flying to places where huge infections and diseases are happening at that moment....I know its not possible to contain it but in reality the government should take responsibility and stop flights because all it takes is one person.....now on a side note, I think that's offensive for you to say that you'll keep away from people who are "fresh off the boat".....that has nothing to do with them having a disease or not...its as though your looking at a certain demographic of people and judging them....how can you tell they are "fresh off the boat"? That is racist and not right.

Its normal for you to be a little nervous about it, but this fear mongering needs to stop, Its nice that your trying to let people know about it but really its gone a bit far at this point and a bit unnecessary....my intention is not to tell you what you can and cannot post or to try and shut down this thread....I just think it has gone a bit far.

EDIT: I just want to stress that this is NOT a personal attack and neither am I insinuating that you were doing or stating anything that you are not.

Last edited:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I was not trying to be offensive and have many friends that were at one time "fresh of the boat" so to speak, and they are white, and some are black, I was just talking about people that are fleeing the infected parts and sneaking across the boarder like they did in Italy, and maybe we should just control the boarders tighter and try to keep this plague away so the whole world does not become infected. They are already closing the borders in many countries that are close to the infected areas already. We should also stop importing monkeys and other live animals from Africa as well.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I didn't think your statements were offensive, but then I got "off the boat" (litterally) a LONNGGG time ago. Back then we had to be immunized against several diseases before we could even get ON the boat! That is apparently no longer the case today. But seriously, and I say this as a friend, you are going to make yourself sick worrying about things you have absolutely no control over! I've said this before, but it bears repeating.... enjoy your pond, your garden, your personal relationships. Have a drink, or whatever it takes to relax, and STOP WORRYING! Stress probably kills more people than ebola!
John

Ask a Question