EBOLA... BE AWARE!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
My Grandma and Grampa were both off the boat too!! ha ha ha!
I am trying not to be obsessed about Ebola, I have a friend over and we are going to relax by the pond. Thanks Haro, but I already made myself sick last week and am getting over it now! :confused:

Reaction score
I was not trying to be offensive and have many friends that were at one time "fresh of the boat" so to speak, and they are white, and some are black, I was just talking about people that are fleeing the infected parts and sneaking across the boarder like they did in Italy, and maybe we should just control the boarders tighter and try to keep this plague away so the whole world does not become infected. They are already closing the borders in many countries that are close to the infected areas already. We should also stop importing monkeys and other live animals from Africa as well.

It is just the way you worded it that came off wrong, like I said before, this is NOT a personal attack and neither am I trying to twist things around. If you say you didn't mean it like that then I believe you, your a nice person and I know you wouldn't say something like that....just the wording was off.

Through typing, tone is often thrown out the window so what I said sounded more pointed than I was thinking and what you said came off different from what you meant...I wish typing could reflect tone but it can't.

I agree, we need to stop allowing travel to and from these affected countries until it is under control....if you see that show "border patrol" I am appalled at the things some people try and bring into Canada such as meat, food....etc (potentially very disease ridden things)

Again, I like you as a person so please do not take that as an attack.

Reaction score
Not to worry Tala, we are friends and I never ment to upset you, or anyone, it is all good! :)

No its alright, I have learned over the years that the direct approach is the best approach, if someone does or says something that seems wrong to me or goes against something I stand for, my past response was to brush it off (but in reality I would let it fester and I would end up much angrier at the person) but now I just mention that something bugged me immediately so that I can deal with it and move on like we have.

It is healthier on yourself (a general statement, not actually you lol) to deal with an issue that bugs you immediately. I could have chosen to keep it inside and continue thinking colleen is racist, OR like I did, I immediately asked for an explanation and you gave it and I realized I read it wrong and now its all cleared up. Its a personal law I gave myself.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Colleen I worked in a trauma hospital for years , saw many young healthy people come in dead or nearly dead in just the blink of an eye, a wrong spot wrong time, a hidden cancer on and on.
I treasure each day, don't worry about what will end my days, I have no control.

Enjoy what you have enjoy your life, don't worry as much about a chance, very slight chance of getting some rare disease. I have two sisters that spend hours on the net finding what disease they might have, might get, trying to be sick in my opinion, making their selves sick over worry.
Life is too short it is not worth all that worry, there is nothing you or any of us can do except try to be safe driving, wash your hands after being out, don't jump off cliffs.

Love your life....................

Reaction score
Colleen I worked in a trauma hospital for years , saw many young healthy people come in dead or nearly dead in just the blink of an eye, a wrong spot wrong time, a hidden cancer on and on.
I treasure each day, don't worry about what will end my days, I have no control.

Enjoy what you have enjoy your life, don't worry as much about a chance, very slight chance of getting some rare disease. I have two sisters that spend hours on the net finding what disease they might have, might get, trying to be sick in my opinion, making their selves sick over worry.
Life is too short it is not worth all that worry, there is nothing you or any of us can do except try to be safe driving, wash your hands after being out, don't jump off cliffs.

Love your life....................

I used to do this, I convinced myself I had a heart attack, an aortic dissection, and aortic anuyrism, cancer, brain tumor....don't even let me go on. When I stopped going to the net for health concerns, my stress went down by 85%

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
WebMD was the best thing that ever happened for hypochondriacs.

I worked in Pathology for more than 25 years. As far as I'm concerned, ignorance is bliss.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The one way to look at it do you really want your last day on this earth to be the day you were angry, not talking to someone, po'd, or just darn miserable mood.............. rather have my last day be a happy day.

Reaction score

I worked in Pathology for more than 25 years. As far as I'm concerned, ignorance is bliss.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    12 KB · Views: 217
Reaction score

That site is a stupid site made from hell, I swear, I used to go on there because my tongue was hurting and it would give a description like:

Pain in the tongue is usually caused by accidental biting of the tongue, however, if it hurts or look a little red, you should consult a doctor or go to the E.R immediately because it could be cancer, or a tumor, or is a sign that you are about to have a heart attack and die....do not delay because these signs can be a serious sign of stroke.

Notice how they mention the most likely smallest most reasonable diagnosis first and then blow it off and insert a bunch of utterly ridiculous bull shit to scare you, they are a site to make money not help people. They want to start a firestorm and stir up panic in your heart so that you continue to return there because you are horrified and need advice because they seem to know what the hell they are talking about.

People please please please please PLEASE! DO NOT GO ONLINE FOR HEALTH ADVICE, I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO IGNORE THESE ONLINE SITES!!! THEY ARE ONLY MADE TO SCARE YOU, IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE GO SEE A REAL DOCTOR!!!!!!!

Ask a Question