Effect on early ponds from introduced fish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peops,
Since creating a relatively small pond during lock down in winter which includes a small waterfall of 1,000l/hr and a fountain (fluval 700)
Several weeks on, with a slight warming up and pond clear to its average 22" depth and 9ft length ,average width 2ft10in,I introduced 2 sticklebacks and 2 Stoney loach from a stream I used to troll as a child 50yrs ago,
I've had a water check from local aquatic store, and water was fine, although as its become less clear to see the fish anymore as the algy must be building. My question is to the experienced ponders out there, will Stoney loach stir up the floor of the pond and make it impossible to regain the clarity I once had without them?
Since introducing them I have fry in abundance, which I first noticed after purchasing a finer pond net debris scooper.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1623341636785.gif
@G Massam

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The fish might be bottom diggers, like cat fish, they will stir up the dirt ect on the bottom. Per the net bottom dwellers.

Ask a Question