just in case anyone needs or wants this info

Attachments

• eggsandfry.jpg
    eggsandfry.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,649

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Great find, thanks. Does this site have feeding information? It is always nice to see what others recommend. Do you have the URL?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
would it be o.k. to put the fry in the basement pond? i never drained it and its stil being filtered. i will take out the 12 fish that are in it and put them outside. and cover the large barrel style prefilter with a nylon stocking and put a smaller pump feeding the filter. the aeration is still there too. and water parameters are still good to go. because they are more prone to ammonia i will put a zeolite basket under the return pipe. or maybe put a small pump in a zeolite fiiled bucket returning the water thru a hole and pipe in side,back in the pond? and put a screen over the top of bucket.

Reaction score
I think it would be okay, I use a sponge filter till they get bigger since they don't have much swim strength. Tou know the ones that you hook a air pump to. Thats what I was told to do and it has always worked well for me.I move them out to the flower pond when they get to be about an inch cause you get better faster growth that way. If you dont have one its a easy fix just buy one of the ten dollar hard plastic pools throw water and plants in and you are good to go.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
great the basement pond is 500 gallons so they'll have room to prosper. and ther is a fine film of algea on the walls you cant see it but wipe a finger along the wall and you'll get a light film on your finger. they should be able to feed on it. my 1" gold fish fry from last year did.

Reaction score
Cool yes that many gallons you should get very good growth.How many do you have ? You will have fun watching them grow and develop their colors.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i am guessing but i'd say 5 to 600 ... its hard to count little pencil marks you can hardly tell what they are till you put your hand in the water and they scatter.

Ask a Question