egg help ASAP

Reaction score
i was not ecspecting a eggsyet i fgured i would have a cupple more weeks and i just looked in by the water fall and there aretons of eggs on he linner so i was wondering what the best way to get the eggs out with out damaging them and how i should put them in the new tank

Reaction score
ok did some reading up on it and i cant remove the eggs with out damaging them so for a tempory fix i put a towle over them and in the morning illl go to the store and get some stuff to make a barrier to keep the fish from geting the eggs

Reaction score
got some masquto netting and made a barricade to go around the eggs the fish shouldnt be able to get to them and eat them

Reaction score
smart. I built a box out of PVC and some fittings and then put the netting around it. It just floats. What will you feed your babies once they hatch?

Reaction score
i have some koi fri food and brine shrimp im reading up on what otheres have done for food to see what works and what dosent. also i started my 100 gal stock tank back up as soon as i found the eggs so i can put them in there when they hatch

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Once the eggs start hatching, you need to have your hatcheries going 24/7 for the brine shrimp. I use 4 of them and harvest 2 every other day. It takes 48 hours to get the highest yield from the brine shrimp eggs.
You will spend a lot of time when they hatch, seperating the fry from the eggs that do not hatch and all the other matter the eggs were attached to when you removed them from the pond.

Reaction score
whats the best way to set up the brine shrimp

some photos i took i thought they were just trying to swim up the water fall part but it was them geting it on. the water fall fillter was just a temp set up so i moved it over so it wasnt running ontop of the eggs

pond015.jpg

eggs there are tons of them
pond028.jpg

put the towls over them to keep a barricade intell i could get soem netting to seperate from the koi
pond029.jpg

look look at them
pond027.jpg

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Nice pics Looks like every one wants to see the eggs

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
You can Google the source for bulk eggs. It will take up to 2 weeks to get them. In the meantime you can get smaller packets at the fish store, but they are pricey.
The hatcheries are also available on the Internet if your LFS doesn't have them.
Follow the instructions and make sure you have a brineshrimp net for the rinsing.

Attachments

• Measure.JPG
    Measure.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 24 hrs and new.jpg
    24 hrs and new.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 414
  • Eggs in a can.JPG
    Eggs in a can.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 481
Reaction score
im no koi egg expert but i think the eggs are all bad they all have a green fuzz around them all exsept one that acually looks like it has something in it but it could just be something ells ill post a pic when i get it uploaded in cupple min

pond002.jpg

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If they have fuzz on them, they are dead. When the spawn occurs, an application of Methylyne Blue will improve the yield. Use 1/2 the recommended dosage.

Ask a Question