Emergency SOS

Reaction score
I have installed a 12 metre X 7 metre pond with a channel into my existing pond

Problem is the large pond is filling so mutch I cant get the top pond properly filled its as if the new pond is draining the top one.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
have you tried turning off the pump and filling the top one with a hoze ..dont know if that will help but then you might need to empty some water from the bottom pond ... sorry i cant be more help

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I have all my pumps in my lower pond. They pump up to the bio filter in the waterfall and to the upper pond for circulation. This all gravity feed back to the lower pond. The upper pond maintains a constant level this way.

Reaction score
coolestpondfish said:
Problem is the large pond is filling so mutch I cant get the top pond properly filled its as if the new pond is draining the top one.
The waterline in the two ponds will be the same unless there is a waterfall between them. You want the top pond to be watertight all the way up to the intended waterline, and you want it to be watertight a few inches above the waterline everywhere but at the channel to the lower pond. Then when water is pumped into the upper pond, it will overflow into the lower pond, and both ponds will maintain the proper water level.

Ask a Question