Empty nester now getting back into the yard.

Reaction score
Our kids are 20,18 and 15. The oldest just moved out, the 18 year old is hardly ever home and the 15 year old thinks we're idiots. We've been married 29 years.
So, it's time for me to let em go and get back to my yardwork I used to enjoy so much..greenhouse reopening and so forth.
I posted a newbie question for stickies on newbie topics.
Thanks and ya'll have a great day!
Mark

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and it is great when kids start growing up and you can get back to life and concentrate on yourself again and what you love to do .

Reaction score
welcome and it is great when kids start growing up and you can get back to life and concentrate on yourself again and what you love to do .

Well, honestly..we love our kids and I really miss the mess they make, the walking thru the living room and not knowing who they brought home overnite, and trying to figure out who dented the camper with the baseball. I'm the daddy that never said anything about the tire marks in the front yard from the 4 wheeler because I knew the grass would grow back..and in their absence, it has grown back nicely.
But, we make it somehow. No doubt, I'll be thinking of them while I build on this pond. But, this is the season for this sort of thing I reckon. And, it'll give em something to talk abut when they do come home.
'crazy daddy and his pond'.
LOL.
Thanks for the kind replies!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lol know what you mean know it well .I have 2 sons one is 36 and the other is 25 .But think it is easier to raise boys than girls .I had the quad thing too and all the strange animals they brought home that I had to take care of .Been there done that and now time for me .My son's call me the crazy pond lady LOL

Reaction score
lol know what you mean know it well .I have 2 sons one is 36 and the other is 25 .But think it is easier to raise boys than girls .I had the quad thing too and all the strange animals they brought home that I had to take care of .Been there done that and now time for me .My son's call me the crazy pond lady LOL
AMEN on the boys n girls diff. Although my daughter has finally brought one home I like. This is a far cry from the one she showed up in church with that the best thing I could say about him was his AC/DC cap matched his AC/DC jacket...in church. :neutral:

You need to get your 15 year old who thinks your idiots to help you dig this sucker!!!! lol
OMG...he might sweat. He ain't into manual labor. I'd rather do it alone than him be there and whine and complain. He'll make a good thing bad, so naw..me n Jimmy Buffet gonna dig that lil pond. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's hilarious! I can just see you all sitting next to each other in church lined up in the pew. It's ok tho cuz God has seen everything,lol and He loves us all the same. Kinda reminds me of that old song way back in the hippy days. Guess it doesn't really have much to do w/ what you are talking about...........but hey I liked the song,lol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome! to our group. I have a hubby and a dog, and of course fish Love working on the yard and messing with the pond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Today must be lets pick on addy for running her sentences together, lol!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Go have a nice rest and a sippy of something good and take 2 aspirin and you will be much better in the morning!

Ask a Question