Enjoying pond life

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This afternoon while feeding the Koi.... Sarah and I counted 10 pair of Dragonflies flittering around the pond.... They were all in pairs and chasing each other around plus a few other suiters trying to get into the action..... So with the Koi being Fruitful and multiplying (40+ babies).... Baby Toad frogs and Tree frogs everywhere..... And I have more Blue Tailed Skink than I ever had before..... Lilies and all plants have done great (beware the water cabbage I have thrown it away by the wheel barrow load) Clear water and consistent good numbers on ammonia and nitrates......I would have to say this first year ponding has been a complete success!!!!!! And we both love it

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Now you really are 'hooked'!
Lol Meyer..... Even in the limited space that I have..... I have been rolling it around in my mind....I have the perfect spot for a long narrow Bog along side of our pool that would take the water from the pond to the pump and filter then to the Bog and then to the waterfall..... It's the perfect elevation and would work.... But scared to mention it to Sarah .... Afraid she would say "Let's do it ".... Lol

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Lol Meyer..... Even in the limited space that I have..... I have been rolling it around in my mind....I have the perfect spot for a long narrow Bog along side of our pool that would take the water from the pond to the pump and filter then to the Bog and then to the waterfall..... It's the perfect elevation and would work.... But scared to mention it to Sarah .... Afraid she would say "Let's do it ".... Lol

Look at it this way.
You work diligently and earnestly at your job to make money. Why?

To spend it, of course!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Look at it this way.
You work diligently and earnestly at your job to make money. Why?

To spend it, of course!!
Can't take the $$ to the grave.

I love my bog and it has cleared my water tremendously albit with a few tweeks. as most will say including iirc Meyer it is not a end all filter system. BUT IMHO it's a good start.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6725.JPG
IMG_6726.JPG
IMG_6727.JPG
IMG_6728.JPG
IMG_6729.JPG
IMG_6730.JPG
IMG_6732.JPG
Ok... here's my idea.... get rid of the Crape Myrtles.... Put them in years ago for privacy for the pool but since I plenty of garden Now and the fact I have "Excellent Neighbors" now, no problem. So this area is perfectly level with the pool and just the right elevation to enter my waterfall. I would use the same block that I used on my pond. It would be about 22 ft long and 3 maybe 4 ft wide. Install up flow piping and use the pipe that is now feeding my waterfall as a drain along with a diverter valve to clean the Bog..... Realize much more research to do, but I think it would enhance the pool area and gives me another project to do.... Lol Jimmy

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I really like your row of crepe myrtles but can also imagine it as a bog filled with plants also. Bet it would look nice.
Love to have that pool in my back yard. :)

Ask a Question