EPDM, or PVC, N/A

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
All my sources are out of stock on pond liner.

What started this hunt for liner material is that I was informed by the "boss Lady", on Fri evening, that we are going to have a swimming pool. :eek:
So we decided on a 4 foot deep, 16-18foot round above ground pool. OK, so I go in search of one. "Out of Stock" is what I find at all suppliers with a reasonable price. So, I hit up the mfr. site. and find in their "parts and supplies" catalog, "Out of Stock" on all pool liners, even the ones that don't interest me.

So I decided to just dig a hole, and line it with EPDM like I would a pond, but install a pool sand filter, with return jets, and pool skimmers. The filters pumps and stuff can be had used reasonable. Well, there is no EPDM liner available. There are some small PVC liners at the big box stores (lowes, HD, etc) but nothing suitable for 16' across x 48"+deep.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Justliners.com hooked me up less that three weeks ago with a 30x30 - 20x20 and a 15x20 no wait i have to change that the 30x30 and the 20x20 got damaged in shipping and they sent a second one of both.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is the liner company I used, they still have liners, not epdm but really tough liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanx, Ya'll. Just liners seems to have what I'm after.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I used HDRPE for my recent bog build. It folds fine, it's not as flexible and rubbery as EPDM, but it seems pretty tough. HDRPE differs from HDPE...the R means it's reinforced.
They claim you don't need underlayment with HDRPE, so you save by not using underlayment. I bought mine from American Talapia and the shipping was quick and free. A 12 ft. X 20 ft. Piece cost me under $150 (U.S.).

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One thing I love about my liner you can walk on it without slipping as bad as you do on epdm, that stuff is like walking on ice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is the liner company I used, they still have liners, not epdm but really tough liner.

What was the pricing? their website requires you to ask for a quote. I tend to shy away from sites that don't post pricing, as in the past they have ended up being way too expensive for the same product elsewhere.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ordered 30x30 from justliners.com last week, and still have yet to hear anything as to whether or not it's been shipped, or on backorder, or what.

Ask a Question