epoxy coat instead of pond liner

Julia

My pond w/ tong,buyog,snow,skai,bubbles&ela
Reaction score
does epoxy coating work? cant find pond liner so im going to try epoxy coat.

Julia

Reaction score
thank you waterbug. i have a pool contractor who will do it this monday. whats a substructure?

Julia

Reaction score
Right. thanks. had it plastered with thick sahara. thought i didnt need anything else until earthquake hit our city. now i think there are small cracks i cannot see. will report after i use epoxy. thanks a lot.

Reaction score
I see. The Sahara was added originally to water proof the pond? It wouldn't really add strength to the structure. The problem is if there's a crack in the structure (whatever is behind the Sahara) the epoxy can crack too, mainly because it adheres so well to the concrete. The Sahara might help you out since it might give way and allow the epoxy to stretch a bit. Never know, could last forever.

Here in the US we would consider a proper structure to be steel reinforced concrete but I know it varies around the world.

Julia

Reaction score
Sure! Had concrete reinforced with steel and then plastered with sahara. probably why it lasted the quake. whew. the sahara was supposed to water proof, yes. have you used epoxy before? how thick should it be?

Reaction score
I have not used epoxy to surface a pond. I've only watched YouTube videos showing it applied.

How thick it should be I assume is a question of how long you want it to last and budget.

Hopefully you can post pictures. I think it always looks very cool.

Julia

Reaction score
ok. pictures here are my 4year old kois and my pond up close. will post more pics when we start coating epoxy. IMGP0001.JPGIMGP0002.JPG

Julia

Reaction score
thanks. it does look modern. more of a necessity -- didnt use stones on the sides so the fish will have the space. need more plant shade though. im being attacked by algae now!

Julia

Reaction score
Supports for the trellis on top of the pond. Its too hot without covering and dont have space enough to grow a tree.

Reaction score
Where did you put your koi?
My wife is from Pangasanan, we are planning a trip to the Philippines this winter. It's been 16 year since I was last there when my oldest son was about 1 year old, he learned to walk in the Philippines.

Ask a Question