Especially Selected Images Of And Around Our Pond

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Due to my boneheaded attempts to adjoin EDPM liners we have rebuilt and rearranged our pond several time over the years. Such rework had a devasting impact on the overall theme and look of the pond. Here are images of the older pond and its landscaping. Just for fun I'm including older flower photos. One last note, I've also included a shot of our current pond looking its summer time best. Hope you enjoy.

Current Pond in Summer.jpg Old Rugged Pond.jpg Lower Water Pond.jpg Oil Paint Effect.jpg Pond with Snag Feature.JPG

Pond with Wildflowers.jpg Rural Look.jpg Aged Stone.jpg Current Stone and Water.JPG Fred the Toad.jpg

Stream Waterfall.jpg Stream Stop Action.JPG Flowing Stream.jpg Simple Rocks In The Stream.jpg In The Bog Pond.jpg

In The Bog Pond (2).JPG Tall Lily Pads.jpg Lily Pad Haven.JPGOld Log With Fungi.jpgLog & Urn.JPG

Tropicals.JPG s Lily Bed.jpg Garden Entrance Flower Bed.jpg Purple Salvia.jpg Bird Bath.JPG

Dragonfly on Japanese Reed.jpg Early Morning Spider Web.JPG Rain Drops.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All lovely pix Lou and you have such a nice looking pond there. I know you don't have any fish in there and was wondering how you keep the mosquito's out of there now or do you?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
All lovely pix Lou and you have such a nice looking pond there. I know you don't have any fish in there and was wondering how you keep the mosquito's out of there now or do you?

Thanks J.W.. Maybe one day our pond and gardens will again look so good.

We control mosquitos with mosquitofish (Gambusia affinis) also called Gambezi along with Mosquito Dunks http://www.homedepot.com/buy/12-in-mosquito-dunks-6-pack--110-12.html#.UO9XTGt5mSM. Gambezis have tradionally handled mosquito larvae in our pond but since the West Nile virus is so prevalent in our area the Dallas County Health Department and our city strongly encourages the use of mosquito dunks.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great pictures Lou. I had mosquito fish in my arizona pond, they breed like crazy used to swim up the stream

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Great pictures, your pond looks so natural with the rocks and plants, like something you would run across in a lush forest :)

Pecan, your compliment is the highest praise we could receive. The natural look was always our goal. As noted in my foreword to the photos the liner rework caused the demise of the "true natural" look. Since becoming a member of this forum my wife and I now hope to bring our pond back to its glory.

Thank you. 

Ask a Question