ever get that sinking feeling

Reaction score
So as i was posting an update about the pond my puppy keeps bugging to go out. Shes noseing around the filters so i get her to come in. She starts up again with wanting to go out. At this point I get a sinking feeling in my gut that a fish my have took the leap so I go get some shorts on and grab the fish food. Sure enough the same fish that jumped yesterday is laying on the ground dry and covered with ants but still gasping. I get him in the water and start moving him back and forth until he is ready to swim on his own. He seems to be ok, just hanging around most of the time but he is swimming with the other fishes too. Only time will tell. Hopefully he learned his lesson but I think one day I'll find him when its too late

Reaction score
Oldhead,

Is the entire perimeter of your pond open to your koi jumping out? Do you think something scares your koi into jumping?

Reaction score
Pondmaster said:
Oldhead,

Is the entire perimeter of your pond open to your koi jumping out? Do you think something scares your koi into jumping?

yes they can jump out anywhere if they so choose. Don't think anything scared them. I think it has more to do with the water running into the pond from the filter. All the fish seem to enjoy swimming in it from time to time. He may just have gotten alittle over zealous

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Bummer, Maybe if it seems to be one area you could put up some anti fish jumping nets, trampoline them back into the pond!

Reaction score
I put a board temporarily in front of the water flow into the pond. I did this after finding a second koi laying on the ground. saved her too. so far its been two days with no incidents. I'm probably gonna get some fence for that area though.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can see the fishes hitting the fence and bouncing back. Saying WEEEEEEEEEE! what a ride!

Ask a Question