Excited for bloodworms or what!!?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Soo my goldfish go NUTS! For bloodworms, they wiggle like crazy when they get them, is this normal.. It's like they are having a sezuire ahha!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
That's okay Alice, It won't kill them you just have to be careful not to over feed as the dry food can cause digestion issues like constipation.
I agree with maria on this , if you go to the articles section you'll dind that Val and I have listed alternate foods we can feed our koi and goldfish it also gives you what vitamins your feeding with what foods , however its only as an alternate treat , it doesnt mean you can feed them it 24/7 so to speak :-

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/articles/alternate-foods-for-koi.4/

If however your fish do become constipated then problems can be caused by the swimbladder being put under pressure where the fish may loose the ability to swim down to the bottom of the pond or vica versa .
Frozen peas and chopped up earthworm have a laxative effect on a fishes system normally curing the problem .

Dave

Reaction score
Country
Canada
They only get it as a treat. The place where I got it told me about that aswell. Thank you :) awesome help guys!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
They only get it as a treat. The place where I got it told me about that aswell. Thank you :) awesome help guys!
Have you had a look at the article on alternate foods that Val and I put together after months of reading talking to, collating etc we came up with three sepertate alternate food stuff for our koi "Dry Foods", "Live foods and lastly "Frozen foods"......
We go into it in a really big way , the list is for you to use Alice :)

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/articles/alternate-foods-for-koi.4/

Let me know how you got on with them , remember these are treats , you should also feed your fish these normal diet

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome! Thanks soo much!
Your fish will respond well to this , however alice remember to take out any uneaten food [give yoour fish chance to get used to it first so say after half an hour to start 5 minutes later on ] as you do with normal fish food
PS I got the catagories wrong it should be "Frozen Foods to start and household foods at the finish , my appologies ;)

Dave

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I tried putting a really tiny piece of watermelon but they didn't touch it haha

Reaction score
Country
Canada
They went nuts for the garlic!! Also my little orange goldfish's tail fin at the end is missing? Will it grow back?

Reaction score
Country
United States
They went nuts for the garlic!! Also my little orange goldfish's tail fin at the end is missing? Will it grow back?

Sometimes when giving them a new food they don't recognize it as food at first. Give them some time though and you may find they like what ever your offering.

Can you post a picture of the tail fin? It depends on what happened to it if it needs medication or just step up water changes. Do you happen to have a water test kit?

Ask a Question