external pump

Reaction score
with pumps coming after a sieve there is no need for the expensive dragon lim filter that has a prefilter correct? Does anyone have any recommendations for an external pump to put on an ultraseive III? Its saying max flow is 7200-7900gph. I will have 2 of the pumps and 2 of the sieves. Is it important to get a variable speed pump?

thanks

Reaction score
Absolutely not! What are the ratings (gph) of each of your two (2) pumps?
Why do you need 2 sieves? Remind me of the capacity of this proposed pond.

capacity is about 15,000gal, ultrasieve 3 max flow is 72-7900gal an hour so I figure I need two of them. I will have 2 4" bottom drains and 2 4" lines from 2 helix skimmers. the ultrasieve can only accommodate 2 4" line inputs.

was going to have both bottom drains falling by gravity through a leaf net/basket into a collection box that feeds a sieve. (leaf net because im a little nervous of large amounts of leaves in the actual sieve unless you think they are designed to deal with piles of leaves. the 2 helixes have leaf baskets and would both go directly to the other sieve.

2 pumps would enable at least some pond movement if one was to fail.

thank you

Ask a Question