External UV light

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My filter is a pressurized type and has a bad 13W light that does not work after only 48 hours.I am dealing with a seller that does not want to replace it [EBAY].I am looking for an in line light about 36w that will handle 1500 GPH.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 1.41.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 1.41.36 PM.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 130
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Maybe the bulb itself is bad. Maybe loose or damaged from shipping. I would look into that before spending big bucks on a new unit. Those things aren't cheap.
Also, make sure the outlet you are plugging it into has power. You probably tried this already, but plug something else in there just to make sure. You never know...it could be that simple. Those GFCI outlets can be very sensitive and trip without warning.
Take the unit apart and look at that bulb. Unplug it and put it back in. Write down the numbers that are written on the bulb. I got mine on Amazon for $5.99. Mine is a 13 watt G23 type base.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks But i did all of that and decided that the bulb is bad. Still waiting for the seller does.

Ask a Question