water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The lightening bugs love the lilies
Another color opened today.............. love them!
20190619_083403.jpg
20190619_083453.jpg
20190619_083459.jpg
20190619_083513.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
WOW you are having a Lily-Palooza festival w/all those beauties blooming every minute @addy1 :woot:
I just looked at your cam window for the big pond and boy look at all those blooms!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I took a break from extracting honey went out and grabbed a few shots...............the sun came out and it is miserable out there. 95 heat index

I have a nice yellow lily, a friend that is moving gave me a cutting last year.
20190619_121504.jpg

Big pond

20190619_121227.jpg

the trio again..............
20190619_121833.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Very nice! I also thank you for sharing!
I tried lilies, but I think I had them too deep at 3 feet. Plus the fish ate the branches.
They're so nice! And you have so many!
Maybe i should try again and sit one on a milk crate.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The special colors are in the hot tub pond, easier to care for them. The ones in the big pond are from one foot to 3 foot deep.
I have shubunkins, no koi, they don't bother the lilies at all. Now the deer eat any lily leaves they can reach.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
The deer keep the overgrowth in check, but can certainly become a nuisance.
We've lost too many rose buds to them. Just when they are about to bloom, you go out there and their gone. It must be a delicacy for them. I can almost hear their thoughts. Yum! Rose buds!
We have to wire fence and net the top to keep them out.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They love my day lily buds, any down near the pond and back field don't have a chance.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Deer got into my butterfly garden yesterday and chewed down 2 beds of plants. Guess I should have left the fence up!
I gave up, we have too much land to fence, too many deer that can jump over almost anything, too many vines that tangle in any deer fencing you put up, too many ground hogs, rabbits etc. They mainly snack on the outer edges. Esp this time of year, early spring, winter they then snack on anything they can get to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We live on 10 acres, and have about 4 - 5 (?) of them enclosed with deer fence. It was actually done to keep my dogs from wandering, but the added benefit of keeping the deer out of the yard, garden & pond is a bonus. They could jump it as it's only about 4' high, but I guess since they can't see anything worth raiding from the fence line, they don't bother? There is a lot of regular maintenance, though, since branches & trees do regularly fall, damaging it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
My lilies are pathetic :( I need to get in the pond and fertilize them....if it ever stops raining !

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol there is too much munch candy for them in our yard. They even jump a small area I have deer fenced, around 5ish feet high. Narrow jump in narrow jump out. Usually they stay out of those areas.
They could jump it as it's only about 4' high, but I guess since they can't see anything worth raiding from the fence line, they don't bother?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yeah - when a deer is determined to get in, it's dang hard to keep them out! I think I've just gotten really lucky, honestly. For some reason they just don't seem inclined to wander/jump the fence to get into the yard & gardens near the house. They don't even raid the Hosta garden out at the end of the driveway & they could easily jump the fence out there if they wanted to. Maybe I just have lazy (or non-athletic?) deer in my area? LOL I'm not going to complain, though! ;)

Ask a Question