Ez Pod install

Reaction score
Looking to install an ez pod after my skimmer. I have a half in the ground half out pond. Skimmer right now is setup with water feeding thru a bulkhead lower than water level. Water level in skimmer is about 12" the feed in the ez pod is about 14-15" high where the water has to reach to fill the ez pod. My main ? Is will the water flowing out of the skimmer fill the pod? I was told to use a larger bulkhead say 3-4" to get more flow in. The pump will take the water from the pod and return it to the pond via 1.5" Pvc. I assume the water will have no where to go but up and in to the pod. Any suggestions or concerns with my idea?

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
if your pumping througha 1.5" outlet on your pump and gravity feeding from the skimmer to the easy pod then yes a minimum 3" and a 4" line would be best. You always won't to gravity feed back with a line that is 2x or larger than the inlet to assure a evn flow and allow some room for extra flow rate for eliminating possible over flows from happening.

Ask a Question