Fake Rocks

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking to buy a fake rock (epoxy or plastic) to cover the top filer box. Something I have always wanted to get, but never did. I have one covering the bottom filter box, but it came with the kit. Anyone have a good place to get this type of fake rock?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know they sell 2 foot wide by 8 foot long sheets of fake rock looking stuff to hide the underpinning of mobile homes at mobile home stores and at lowes also .Plastic that looks like fake rocks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Try typing *fake rock* in the search box at Lowes or Home Depot. They have them for irrigation or pump covers.

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I didn't check Lowes or Target, but haven't had much luck with the others. Either crazy expensive or not exactly what I need size wise. Appreciate it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Once I found one at a KMart Garden Center at end of season. It was a big one and only $17! Most recent one came from Amazon and was about $30. Also big enough to cover electrical post. I have used Hypertufa (concrete, peat, and vermiculite) & wire mesh to make a a lightweight fake rock to fit over my pump/filter cover. It works, but I have tried other projects with hypertufa and it can be difficult to work with. Check youtube for videos on how to make stuff with it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Some of those fake rocks look great! ....amazing what they ask for a piece of plastic though

Ask a Question