farmgirl

Reaction score
I'm so glad I found this site. I've been reading for a month or so & decided to be a part..
I feel like I kinda know some of you already..

My husband & I put in a 15x 20 pond about 3 yrs ago .We have about 50 fish(I started with8 feeders) I only have 1 koi:
right now we're redoing a few things to the pond Added a skippy & next a bigger bio& possibly a new liner . There is no end ...but we luv it!!
Before this pond I had a small pond with falls in one of my flower beds.I liked it so much we decided to go bigger. The only regret i have is removing the small one..I did't think I would be able to handle 2. I miss the relaxing water falls noise. My larger pond is farther away so you can't hear the falls from the porch. Oh well.. I'm still happy with what i have.
All of you have some beauties

Reaction score
in need of a small miracle!!!!
I have a leak somewhere in my pond & need a hint on how to look for it!!
I let the water go down( about 10 inches) then used a scrubby to get the algae off the sides. I did'nt see a thing,now I'm worried.What do I do next???? I hate to disrupt the fish too much,but it kinda would be hard for them to swim around in a puddle!@!!!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
So if the water is down 10" has it stopped? If not, it is either a hole below that or a leak somewhere in the plumbing or waterfall.
These things can usually be found through a process of elimination.

Reaction score
Found my leak!!!! All fixed & the fish are happy lil campers.... With some adhesive & lifting up the edge of the liner I got er done. Now on to putting in a bigger & better bio.
Always something going on

Reaction score
thanks for all the Welcome's ..Sorry I haven't been on.. I'm outside alot!!!!
When i come in...Hoizontal on the couch!!!!! Today it's raining so I'm off shopping for ph down .I can't seem to move this pond from a 9 down .Any ideas? I've got it pretty clear
have tadpoles EVERYWHERE!!!!! I imagine I'll be havin lil baby fish soon too, cuzI've got some hanging around the bottom OF the pond. No more leak.. I'ts been a couple of weeks & haven't lost any water.

Reaction score
Found the leak....Yeah!!!! it was in the new skippy that we put in..glued it with roofing tar about 3 weeks ago & walaa , no more leak!!!! Now the next project is hooking up the 50 gallon bio. I have to wait for the king to get a minute!!(workin workin workin) Can't complain,at least he's workin!! In the mean time I have the green water. I can see down about a foot, but this heat going to take its toll.Going tomarrow for more pond plants & I will be adding more color to the water today. I can't seem to get my ph down.. I've tried everything I know to do..I know I have too many fish.. I CAN'T catch them!! They're too quick for me!
Anyone have any sugestions on my delemas ??
Happy ponding everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennicabailey

Latest Threads