Fat fish!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had this gold fish for a year and a half and for the past year, the fish has been this fat. I have read about dropsy etc but the fish doesnt have any symptoms and acts pretty normally and is quite active. I also thought i was overfeeding it so have cut the feeding down but still no difference. I have also tried epsom salts but nothing. I just want to know if the fish is sick. (Sorry its a goldfish & not a pondfish)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 314
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. Are u sure? Everyone is commenting on how fat it is and looks like its going to explode lol its in the tank with this fish which body is completely different

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh i didnt know that thanks so much:) i guess theyre ok to live together? Otherwise the guy in the petshop wouldnt have sold me them together. Can you tell if my fish are boys or girls?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
A freindly tip most fancy goldfish do however from time to time get problems with their swimbladder nines out of ten its down to the fish being constipated.
Chopped earthworm and shelled garden peas normally get things going again relieving the pressure on it

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree just a fat fish lol I built a tred mill in the pond using water jets to excise the fish they love it, but gold fish in a tank, it wouldn't work lol he's just a happy fatty just like a good mate of mine

Ask a Question