Fat fish?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Are my fish too fat? I'm new to having goldfish. We got them for my 5 year old son for his bday in August. I don't remember goldfish having bellies this big. Am I feeding them too much? I feed them twice a day about two large pinches worth.

Attachments

• IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 246

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Have the other fish been saying mean things about them? Are the commercials on TV making them self-conscious and questioning their self-worth? LOL

Nah, like the Meyer says.........they look like Fantails. Fantails is chubby suckers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
They look fine. The tank looks like it may be a bit small to hold them for the long haul, but they are not fat.

Reaction score
Country
United States
They sure are cute little fantails (they are considered a fancy type of goldfish and have a different body type than their cousins the common or comet goldfish) good to be feeding them twice a day when they are young as they are young and growing (when they are mature you can cut the feeding down to once a day)

As @HomerJay already mentioned your tank is not going to work for a long term home for these goldfish (or any goldfish for that matter) they really do grow much larger than most people realize if given proper care (space, food, water quality)

Ask a Question