favorite/best flower

Reaction score
Not a plant but crape myrtle is still my favorite.
CrapeMyrtle.jpg

Mandeville Vine
MandevilleVine.jpg

Moonbeam and Million Bells
MillionBelles.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ahh I love the cape murtle! the ones that made it through winter are now blooming two that died back have regrown, are small but blooming. That is one bush that I noticed the first summer I lived here and had to get lol

Beautiful magoo.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All lovely Magoo. Gosh there are a lot of plants that I must get now thanks to all of you :lol:
Guess I better become a regular visitor at the box stores for the plants on death row :lol:

Reaction score
jw really like the climbing hydrangea!! Just wondering how old that is? I've read they can take up to six years to bloom.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's prolly about 8 yrs old and it grew pretty fast and needs trimming each year now. It really adds privacy and love the pretty white flowers and twisty stems. I think it did take a few yrs to bloom but the leaves and the vines look nice just by themselves while ya wait for the blooms.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
addy1 said:
laughing ummm yep! 6 1 gallon plants each 50 cents. let me go look will post a picture if they have. Just put them in the ground a week ago.

Are you serious? Just got it a week ago and it was already marked down to 50 cents??? Wish I had a Lowes close by, only Menards, and they are not discounted that far yet. Maybe I need to drive to Lowes! :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
CountryEscape said:
Fishin, what is the name of the blue water lilly? Not only is the flower unique, but so are the leaves! I love that!

Star of Zanzibar, Another very closely related lily that looks just as equally good is King of Siam. It has a few more pedals on the flower and a little less yellow in the center but looks very similar. They are both tropicals so must be dealt with for wintering but well worth getting!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Ah .... so that's why I've not seen that color. So, how do you over winter them? I've already got several other plants that I will have to bring into the garage or basement, so that doesn't bother me. Not sure I'd be able to find them locally, though. Will keep a watch out for them though on-line and locally.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
taherrmann4 said:
I would like to see a pic of that pink russian sage, have never seen that. Did you get at Lowes?
taherrmann, found the plant tag...........I was wrong it is a sage, but not a russian sage
salvia greggii, ultra violet
hybrid sage

abundance of intense violet flowers into autumn. full sun, humminbird lover, aromatic foliage keeps deer and rabbits away.

zone 5b-9

Got a picture of one blossom.

View attachment 6986

Attachments

• DSC01955.jpg
    DSC01955.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 211

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone