fears and phobias

Reaction score
spiders is mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We sort of aquired a snake (we live in England/ Britain where snakes are not the norm naturally) and at holiday time, we are struggling to find some one who will top up his water bowl for two weeks. (he wont need fed during this time)
He doeant bite (he can but is not venomous and doesnt have fangs so leaves sore red mark only. He is calm and used to being handled but I am so struggling to fiond someone who feels okay to water him.

What phobias do you have?
as said, mine is spiders even though there are none who can harm me in my country.
anyone got or had a phobia that they have got srid of?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
just spiders, but doing better about them, there are so many here, not as many bad ones, az had tons of black widows and the brown recluses. Have always liked snakes, pick them up anytime they will let me, but don't keep any. Had a burmese python once, until it got to 100 lbs.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
stroppy said:
Frogs !!! snakes are alright from a disstance but i couldnt touch one

FROGS? those little jumping critters that eat bugs? lol guess there are different things that bother everybody. We have tons, well think they are toads, big and little ones. Except the whitish one that is now hanging out in the pond, not sure might be a tree frog.

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
addy1 said:
FROGS? those little jumping critters that eat bugs? lol guess there are different things that bother everybody. We have tons, well think they are toads, big and little ones. Except the whitish one that is now hanging out in the pond, not sure might be a tree frog.

but most i see are hoping around my house ...my cats love to bring them home .. i can cope when i see them in the garden ....its the suddenness of the jump that scares me (silly i know)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing...................... ribit ribit yeah the jump could surprise you.

Reaction score
Luckily,I have got a solution, taken the tank to work where a colleague will top up his water. Cant believe the uproar of folks because there is a snake in the building, yet people are coming to look at the tank despite being terrified of snakes.

It amazes me how we have phobias.. I get a little wary of our snake when its time to feed him but I can cope. (for those asking why I have him..he is a rescue affair)
I dont like touching moths but at a push I can cope.

Spiders are something else, despite living in England where spiders are not harmful.
Im not sure how Id cope when they were a real threat.

How do you cope in countries where venomous spiders exist?
We get spiders in our clothes or towels that have sat on the floor but apart from me freaking out, most people would just flick them off.

In countries where spiders are venomous do they occupy your house like our house spiders do or are they a rarity?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The black widows, tend to stay outside, but I have found them in the house, luckily rarely. The brown recluse likes dark areas, all you have to do is, before you move the wood, work in the attic, turn on a light or uncover the wood.

Actually don't get a ton of spiders in the house. Nor sure I could handle them in my towels and clothes.

Ask a Question