Feeding baby goldfish

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times but I don't have time to look back, if someone could help I'd appreciate it. I was able to scoop a baby goldfish out of my pond and have it in a tank, I crunched up flake goldfish food but its not eating it. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can get to feed this little guy. He is probably 1 1/2 cm to 2 cm long not sure of the age.

Reaction score
For my baby koi I do a combination of green water and decapsilated brine shrimp eggs. Since you already have the babies I would suggest going to the brine eggs. A good batch of green water can take a week or 2 or more. You do not have to buy from this link, just a suggestion for what you might look for. The dcapsilated eggs are the easiest, highest protien food I turn to when needed. http://www.yourfishstuff.com/decapsulated-brine-shrimp-eggs/
tee1172 said:
I'm sure this has been discussed plenty of times but I don't have time to look back, if someone could help I'd appreciate it. I was able to scoop a baby goldfish out of my pond and have it in a tank, I crunched up flake goldfish food but its not eating it. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can get to feed this little guy. He is probably 1 1/2 cm to 2 cm long not sure of the age.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I found a "powdered" fry food made by Hykari (sp?) that my little ones are going for. A pinch of cooked egg yolk, squished between your fingers is supposed to work. I also just found a veggie (algae) fish food, it's in tablet form and you stick it to the glass -- it slowly dissolves into very teeny tiny fry-mouth-size pieces. I get it wet, then rub it into the water. It doesn't take much quantity wise to feed the little guys, so be careful to not give too much at a time.

Just be sure to clean out what they don't eat or it will rot in the tank.

As to the flakes, crunch them into a powder if you can.

Ask a Question